Third run of the successful mystery/crime series
Jiří Langmajer, Lenka Vlasáková, Petr Stach, and more
Filmed in Brno: AZ Tower, Bethlehem Church (Betlémský kostel), Church of St. James (kostel sv. Jakuba), Church of St. Thomas (kostel sv. Tomáše), Old Town Hall (Stará radnice), Alfa Arcade (pasáž Alfa), Czech Television Brno (Česká televize Brno), Lužánky Park, and more
For the third time, Brno detectives led by Major Remeš are on the hunt for a serial killer and kidnapper. Just as in the previous series, they’re up against a very cunning opponent. One who has long escaped the police and even himself and who is in a fight with God. A fight which no one can ever win.
- Czech Republic, 2018
- Filmed in Brno: Špilberk, Bethlehem Church (Betlémský kostel), Lužánky Park, AZ Tower, Růženin Quarry (lom Růženin), University Hospital Brno (Fakultní nemocnice Brno) Bohunice and Obilní trh, St. Anne’s University Hospital (Fakultní nemocnice u sv. Anny), Janáček Theatre (Janáčkovo divadlo) garage, Srbská Stadium (Městský stadion Srbská), Academy of Sciences (Akademie věd), Popůvky Street, Faculty of Medicine at Masaryk University (Lékařská fakulta, Masarykova univerzita), high-rises on Šumavská Street, Královo Pole Train Station (nádraží Královo Pole), Veveří Castle (hrad Veveří), Klajda Climbing Centre (Lezecké centrum Klajda), Alfa Arcade (pasáž Alfa), Church of James (kostel sv. Jakuba), Church of St. Thomas (kostel sv. Tomáše), Church of J. A. Comenius (kostel J. A. Komenského), Old Town Hall (Stará radnice), Údolní Nursery School (Mateřská škola Údolní), Café Trinity, klub Lastura, Hospůdka Na Blbým Místě
- Filmed in South Moravia: Deblín – Church of Nicholas (kostel sv. Mikuláše), streets, surrounding roads, restaurace Na Sokole, cemetary, Hruška supermarket; Nelepeč; Tišnov – hospital, Church of St. Wenceslaus (kostel sv. Václava), petrol station; Lelekovice – Church of St. Philip and St. James (Kostel sv. Filipa a Jakuba); Lomnička – streets; Doubravník – covered wooden bridge in Prudká; Blansko – Hotel Skalní mlýn and surroundings; Vrchní Orlice – Church of Saint John of Nepomuk (Kostel sv. Jana Nepomuckého) and surroundings; Vavřinec – Koňský spád lookout; Bartošovice v Orlických horách – houses, Orlická chata U Rampušáka; Rychnov nad Kněžnou – Church of the Holy Trinity (Kostel Nejsvětější Trojice)
- Photo credit: Czech Television Brno (Česká televize Brno)
- Written by: Petr Hudský
- Directed by: Jiří Strach
- Staring: Jiří Langmajer, Lenka Vlasáková, Petr Stach, Denisa Nesvačilová, Miroslav Donutil, David Švehlík, Michal Dalecký, Pavel Řezníček, Marek Pospíchal, Robert Hájek, Ljuba Krbová, Vladimír Kratina, Veronika Freimanová, Matyáš Valenta, Otakar Brousek ml., Barbora Srncová, Veronika Žilková, Zdeněk Dušek, Ondřej Kavan, Marek Příkazký, Luděk Randár, Viktor Skála, Jitka Čadek Čvančarová, Marek Taclík, and more
The tallest building in the Czech Republic, the AZ Tower was built during 2011–2013 based on a design by the Burian–Křivinka architecture firm. It stands 111 metres tall and has 30 above-ground and 2 below-ground storeys. On the first three above-ground storeys is a shopping centre, then comes commercial space, and on the top seven storeys are luxury apartments.
Church of St. James (kostel sv. Jakuba)
The history of the late-Gothic Church of St. James on St. James Square (Jakubském náměstí) stretches back to the beginning of the 13th century. It’s an important monument to urban ecclesiastical architecture in the Czech lands and holds the remains of the defender of the city against the Swedish siege, Field Marshal Jean-Louis Raduit de Souches. Under the church, which has been a national cultural monument since 1995, is the second-largest ossuary in Europe after the one in Paris.
Old Town Hall (Stará radnice)
The Old Town Hall is the oldest secular building in Brno and is tied to many legends. One legend concerns the creator of the Gothic portal, Master Anton Pilgram, who made one of the pinnacles in his sculpture crooked supposedly as revenge. The most famous legends also include the Brno dragon and the Brno wheel. These unique symbols of the city are installed in the entryway to the building, which also houses the Crystal Hall, Fresco Hall, and Treasury. The tower offers an excellent view over all of Brno.
Lužánky Park (park Lužánky)
Covering 20 ha, Lužánky Park is the oldest public urban park in the Czech lands, the most important Brno park, and a cultural monument. After the suppression of the Jesuits in 1773, Emperor Joseph II gave the former Jesuit garden to Brno residents on 9 September 1786 to create a public urban park. The park was originally laid out as a French formal garden, and it was eventually changed into the natural landscape style known today. The park is currently cared for by the Public Greenery of the City of Brno (Veřejná zeleň města Brna).
Czech Television Brno (Česká televize Brno)
The Brno studio of Czech Television is considered the most modern television production facility in the Czech Republic. The pride of the Líšeň facility is the modern newsroom with its own studio which broadcasts Události v regionech (Regional News) daily, makes live reports for ČT24, and films many other programmes, including Týden v regionech (The Week in the Regions), Regiony 24 (Regions 24), and Týden v justici (The Week in Justice).
Bethlehem Church (Betlémský kostel)
Bethlehem Church at the bottom of Špilberk Hill was the first Evangelical church in Brno to preach only in Czech. It was built during 1894–1895 in place of a garden restaurant known as the Little Prater (Malý Prater) in a historicist style with predominantly neo-Renaissance elements. Construction was financed by collections and gifts, and the opening ceremony was attended by 5,000 people. The church facade bears the inscription “My kážeme Krista” (We preach Christ), which was the first inscription in Czech on any public building in Brno. Today, the church is run by the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren.
Church of St. Thomas (kostel sv. Tomáše)
The Roman Catholic Church of St. Thomas, originally the Church of the Annunciation of Our Lady and St. Thomas, is a baroque parochial church. The church dates back to the 14th century, when Jan Jindřich founded it together with an Augustinian monastery. The church itself has been renovated and rebuilt many times over the centuries and was given its current baroque form in the 17th century. At the head of the left side-aisle stands a baroque altar with a Gothic crucifix with angels that covers the original entry to the Chapel of the Virgin Mary, where a silver altar with the icon “The Virgin Mary of St. Tomas” stood until the monastery was disbanded. A tomb in front of the main altar holds the remains of Margrave Jobst.
Alfa Arcade (pasáž Alfa)
The multifunctional Alfa Palace sits on the corner of Jánská and Poštovská streets and connects to Freedom Square (náměstí Svobody) through an arcade. The Alfa Arcade was created during 1930–1937. For a design for a magnificently conceived residential house with a shopping arcade and cinema, the builder František Hrdina turned to architect Bohuslav Fuchs. The arcade consists of a single-storey shopping hall with a gallery covered by a glass ceiling, and eight exits connect the arcade with the residential area with about 160 flats.