A classicist building near the Exhibition Grounds
Fresco decorations with exotic landscape motifs
Originally a summer house of the Mitrovský family
A summer villa hosting exhibitions, concerts, and other events
Antonín Arnošt Mitrovský had his summer villa built in 1779–1794. This classicist villa of exceptional architectural value is located next to Výstaviště (the Exhibition Grounds) and close to the city centre.
In the 19th century, it became the property of the city of Brno. In 1978–1987, it underwent a general reconstruction, and in 1988 the villa was handed over to Muzeum města Brna (the Brno City Museum). Currently, it is rented out by a private owner.
Attractive fresco decorations with motifs of exotic landscapes have been preserved in the interior. The villa is used for cultural and social purposes, such as exhibitions, chamber concerts, theatre performances, author readings, discussions, fashion shows, wedding ceremonies and banquets, trainings, seminars, conferences, workshops, and more.
Similar places nearby
Mendel Square (Mendlovo náměstí)
This historical square is located in the area of Old Brno.
Mendel Museum (Mendelovo muzeum)
Museum located right where the father of genetics lived and worked
Pavilion A was originally the ‘Pavilion of Industry and Commerce’
VIDA! Science Centre
The science amusement park lies close to the Exhibition Grounds
A magnificent functionalist villa with a three-hectare garden
The monumental cupola dominates the western panorama