This relatively unassuming building lies near the busy, bustling streets Hněvkovského and Černovická, but it’s worth a stop and a visit: The Church of St Giles in Komárov is the oldest operating church in Brno.
A Romanesque church was built here in the 12th century, although we know from archaeological findings that there was a chapel even before that. The small church was originally part of a monastery of Benedictines, who ran the entire complex. The appearance and size of the originally Romanesque church changed over the centuries, but we can still find traces of medieval architecture, such as the tower with living space.
Next to the church stands the neo-Gothic Chapel of the Resurrection (Kaple Vzkříšení) from 1856.
Address and contact