Landmarks can wait. Brno is a #truestory.
Indulgence, informality, openness, and honesty. A centre you can walk through in two hours… or at least you could, if every corner didn’t draw your attention with cafes, pubs, bistros, bars, wine bars, and many local people who welcome you into the swirling life of the city. And while you’re standing over a draught beer right near St. James’ Church in the very heart of the city in a lively debate with locals, time and your other plans lose all importance.
Taste Brno – gobble it down in one go or enjoy a bite at a time. It’s a city of foodies, flavours, and smells. Get to know it. Ideally, just dive into the city centre with the people who live here and get carried away by the flow of the day and the whirlwind nightlife. Enjoy yourself. Enjoy the curiosities, such as the unique night-bus departures and phallic sculptures. Enjoy the culture, which is strong in this city. Dance and cut loose inside historic buildings. Let yourself be amazed, it is allowed. True story.
Brno in the past five years:
- Top 27 places to go (New York Times)
- Fourth best student destination as chosen by students (Quacquarelli Index)
- UNESCO Creative City of Music (2017)
- Gold medal for urban greenery in 2017 (Entente Florale)
- Sixth safest country in the world (Global Peace Index)
- Top 10 alternative city breaks (The Guardian)
- Top 10 of Europe’s oddest attractions and events (The Guardian)
- Eighteenth highest quality of life in Europe (Numbeo.com)
- Sixth best mid-sized city for lifestyle (fDi Magazine, The Financial Times)