National Theatre Brno - Reduta Theatre
The current Reduta building is the result of a complicated constructional development which has been going on for several centuries. Already in 1733, a loge-type theatre had been built in the east wing of the building. However, in the 18th and 19th centuries the building was damaged by several devastating fires. Consequently, it temporarily served as a hospital and part of a municipal marketplace. In the 20th century, the Reduta buildingserved again as a theatre; first it was the Brno German theatre and since 1919 it has been part of the National Theatre Brno. Between 1945-1993 Reduta was the seat of the operetta ensemble of the National (State) Theatre in Brno. The present day Reduta Theatre is the outcome of a renovation undertaken between 2002-2005, which carefully interconnected modern elements while preserving the original architecture.
Customer centre (Dvořákova street no. 11)
Open Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 6.30 pm
Evening box offices in the theatre buildings:
Open 45 minutes before the performance (Janáček Theatre, Mahen Theatre) and 1 hour before the performance (Reduta Theatre)